Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Prague day 1


Hi all we are back!
Our trip was fantastic. Thank you Dusty and Amy (Best buds from High school) for suggesting it. I honestly could not have imagined how wonderful Prague and Germany are. Right now Wade and I are trying to get back to our normal sleeping habits (almost there thank you for the sleeping tip Dust) and catching up at work. Both of us came back to extremely busy weeks of work. I will cover our trip day by day and try to include fun pictures of our trip as I go. I will save the artsy ones for my photo blog. here is an outline of our trip
Day 1 and 2-travel, hotel, Prague, eat and SLEEP!
Day 3- More Prague
Day 4 Pictures (wedding shoot we were models) Kutna Hora and a marionette show
Day 5 Neuschwanstein castle
Day 6 Chesky Krumlov/ Cheske Bodejovice
Day 7 Prauge- wrap up day and Swan lake Ballet
Day 8 Travel (23 hours)


Day 1
We left our house around 1:00pm on 1/17 and got a few last items before our trip. Our flight left around 4:50 pm from SLC and went to Paris. We arrived in Paris 11:30am (8 hours ahead of us so really 3:30 am our time) Our flight left paris at 1:30 and we arrived in Prague at 2:40 pm. Sadly I misunderstood my friends tip for travel and I did NOT sleep as I was suppose to. I was awake for close to 40 hours. Dusty and Amy arrived at 2:45 so we met up and got our bags and met our driver Peter who took us to our hotel. We got unpacked and headed out to the city to take some pictures and get some dinner. The Food in Prague was AMAZING. I like everything I ate there. Sadly I don't have any pictures from that evening because the memory card I bought was faulty but I took 700 more from this trip so you will still get to see much of our travels. Most of the pictures look something like this


In other news.. I have CANKLES (Calf-Ankles, sausage ankles ect) it is a sad time. Does anyone know a remedy? I have been elevating my feet. The swelling is going down but not quickly enough.

2 comments:

  1. Wow--looks like so much fun! But I don't think I would want to travel in the cold and snow like that--too much extra stuff to bring and hassle. Hope you love your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get some ted hose, nurses use them all the time to help with the swelling.

    ReplyDelete