Sunday, April 10, 2011

March catch up



Wow March really came and went. We seemed to have something going on every weekend.
Wade's brothers, sister and Dad all had birthdays in the month of march you can find that post here. The next weekend we were off to Moab to run in the half marathon. In October Ashley talked me Jenny, Dan and Jonny into running in the Moab half with her. I still don;t know how she did that since I never have had a desire to do that. I knew this was going to be a challenge because I had never run more than maybe 3 miles ever in my life and I can't figure out how to completely control my asthma. The race was beautiful. I started out jogging and then the wind came. We were going against the wind the entire time. Ashley was really awesome. She stayed by me the whole time. I had 3 goals during the race, Finish, finish under 3 hours and don;t get "swept" in the canyon. After 2.5 hours they would go through the canyon (the first 10 miles of the race) and sweep anyone that was still there. The final 3.1 miles were run on the streets of Moab. I felt at times like maybe I wasn't going to make it and whenever I did I just pictured Wade's smiling face cheering me on and that motivated me. I met all my goals even while power walking most of it. I am so proud of myself for attempting this... now I have to get ready to run as part of a twelve man team to run a 185 mile race. I am excited..... kinda =)



The day after the race Jenny and I were really sore (really everyone was) so we drove around Arches National park.

The following weekend we went to Bear Lake with RaNell, Mike and Pat and Anna Lisa. We had a great time. We (and when I say we I mean they) all went sledding. I avoided it and became the photographer for the day (no need for a repeat of this day)
















I also finished our bed (will take pictures later when the room is complete) And I recovered this ottoman.


Before After

Well it is already the first week of April.... time is going way too fast. More coming soon =)

4 comments:

  1. You must be running Ragnar. Ben and I have run Wasatch Back the past 3 years and even ran in Vegas one year. You will love it is a blast. Except for the running part :) And I'm proud of you for doing a half marathon. That is something I have no desire to attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if you were ever going to recover that ottoman! I was just waiting for the pics....you did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! the ottoman looks good. I love all the new pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics of the sledding... the half, not so much;)

    ReplyDelete