Thursday, June 23, 2011

Other stuff not just a yard update =)

Last week we went to Hayden Lake to visit Wade's aunt Kathy and have a little family reunion. Wade's brother Mike and his family were out from China. We had a blast despite the rain. I could not have asked for a more beautiful location to visit. It was incredible.
On Thursday we drove from Hayden Lake ID to Logan to prepare for the Ragnar (Wasatch back) 192 mile relay. We spent 11 hours driving from Hayden to Logan and then spent the next 36 hours in and out of a car. I was so excited on Sunday to stay at home and veg for a bit.

Here is the starting line at 6:50 am. Amy started us off bright and early while the rest of us 6 in Van 1 tried to get some shut eye. I was runner #5 and my first leg was 7.4 miles up hill on a dirt road up Avon pass. It was hot and dusty. I am so glad my team did not mind me walking.. bah that was hard. My second run was leg 17 4 easy miles at 11 pm. It was amazing! I loved that run. My last leg was supposed to be the easiest however I was so tired that I just walked. I had a lot of fun but it was very challenging. I would totally do it again just maybe not next year =)
Here is our van! Our team name was "where's the shortcut?"

Here are our Van 1 girls!


One more thing.... I love that when I got back from our trip our yard was so green! Yay!






Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Good job for running the Ragnar you guys! I'm really quite jealous, I'd like to do that some day!

    ReplyDelete