Friday, October 8, 2010

i am so proud of myself.



Meet my project. This side table was taken (by wade) from Wade's parents when we first got married. It was tired, it did not have any handles and it had some chips and scuffs. I was inspired by two blogs I look at "opal never shouts" and Blue cricket design and thought "I can make this look a lot better." So I decided to sand paint and antique it by sanding the edges and put a bit of stain on it. I also went to downeast and bought the handle for $2. It took me maybe 2 hours of work and maybe $7 in supplies. Here are the before and after pictures.
Here is an up close of the antiquing.













3 comments:

  1. Yeah that table is about a million times cuter now. It looks good with your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! It's fun to have things we've made/improved around. I took a woodworking class at UVU with Tessa and made a cedar chest. It was lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it looks way better! I'm excited to have a basement and invite you over to help me refinish my hutch!

    ReplyDelete